Survivor Party Theme
If you are looking for survivor party theme ideas that are sure to go over well, check out the tried-and-true party ideas below.
"Ya Wanna Know What You're Playin' For?" Great survivor party theme ideas!
Plan ahead to decide how you will divide up teams- men, women, coed, or couples. Dividing the teams up into coed groups tends to allow for less competition and more fun.
Hand out genuine survivor buffs or use colored bandanas by tribe. Be sure to videotape the entire event and make copies later for all the guests to take home.
Survivor Party Supplies
Decorate with tiki torches, luminaries, and "most coveted"- the immunity idol.
Think balmy and exotic! Bright and colorful is sure to set a tropical ambiance.
Palm fronds and palm trees
should line the area.
You can create grass huts out of grocery bags by cutting it into thin strips, and hanging on a card table. For a better visual, see this simple design.
Be sure to cover your patio umbrellas with raffia. You can also use a tropical scene that covers a long wall rather than individual decorations.
Fishnets and seashells are a great accent. You will want to make sure you have plenty of tropical flowers, whether fresh or silk.
Line the area with Hawaiian themed posters and art.
Decorate with brightly colored fish and palm tree pinatas. Tiki statues make great table centerpieces. For the evening ambiance, tiki torches are a must.
Check out the survivor party theme kit for all the needed supplies.
Survivor Party Games- "Immunity Challenges"
- Gummy worm eating contest. The first team to eat all their worms wins!
- Treasure maps. Hunt for selected items around your yard. Make a map out of a brown lunch bag. Burn the edges of the paper for an authentic look.
- Tug of war. Tribes face off in a challenge of brute strength.
- Obstacle course. Survivors must meet specific challenges such as walking through a balance beam (wood planks placed on cement blocks), untying a rope to get a key, etc.
- Limbo and hula hoop contests are also great fun. It's easy planning and everyone is a closet "hula-ist."
- A Pearl and Shell game is great fun for the more analytical guest. You will have three shells, and underneath one, you will have a pearl (or whatever item you choose). It's kind of like a magic trick or card game. The dealer moves the three shells around, and the guest chooses which one has the pearl inside.
- Another creative game is to split the guests into several groups. Purchase floral cloth fabrics for your tropical theme, and give the fabric to each group. The group has to make the most creative attire possible within five minutes. Examples of attire include skirts, headbands, Speedos... whatever they can imagine! Vote which group has the most creative and fun idea.
- Bonfire creation. Tribes have one match and must create the highest fire with only items found around the yard- sticks, leaves, etc. No flammables!
- Place bets to see who will be the "ultimate survivor" in the season finale.
Skip the tribal council- no one likes being voted out!
You can certainly get very creative with your survivor party theme, but most guests will participate if it's easy. Survivor t-shirts and Hawaiian shirts are nice and easy and will guarantee 100% participation. Guests may also choose to wear sarongs or beachcomber hats and sandals. Women get more accessories, with flowers in their hair and shell jewelry.
Personalize the Survivor party theme invitations to say Survivor _____ (group name, organization, neighborhood). Draw or include items such as tiki idols, tiki torches, palm trees, coconuts, etc. You can also glue shells or sand to the invitations.
Another great idea is to visit your local travel agency for Hawaiian travel brochures. Attach your invitation to the brochure to set the stage for your island paradise party.
Hawaiian & Caribbean music should be played in the background. Reggae and Caribbean music are also good to add to the mix. Even though Jimmy Buffett, isn't technically Pacific Rim, he is well known for a tropical paradise theme!
Food & Drink
Here are some ideas for enticing cuisine:
Fresh fruits- pineapple, strawberries, melons, papayas
Hawaiian sweet bread
The best drinks include Margaritas, Mai Tais, Pina Coladas, Bahama Mamas, and Frozen Daiquiris. Be sure to have Hawaiian punch on hand for the non-alcoholic set as well as water for all.
Drinks should be served in pineapple or coconut cups to keep with the theme. They can be found in your local dollar store when they become available.
I hope the survivor party theme page helped spark some fun ideas for your upcoming celebration!
Survivor Party Theme Page